Monday, January 08, 2007

Fast Eddie on PCN 1/17

In every woman's life there is a man she loves to hate and hates to love. It might be a husband, boyfriend, or father. For me that man is Gov. Rendell. At times he inspires me, at times he infuriates me. He will show a pride in Philadelphia and the state at large that is clearly sincere. He loves public service and has a passion for it. He will keep a presidential hopeful waiting so he can honor Philadelphia high school students who rescued a woman from a fire. Then he does something boneheaded like appoint Joe Conti to the state's liquor board. (It's not Conti I object to, it is the process, or lack thereof). Or discourages someone from running for office that would be a great candidate. Or doesn't come out strong for a Democratic candidate that I think would do a great job. Or ... oh, gosh, the list is endless.

All of this came to mind when I checked PCN's schedule and saw that the governor is slated to be on the PCN Call-In Show on Wednesday, Jan. 17. The original show airs at 7:00 p.m. and is rebroadcast a few times after that, as well as made available on the station's website. So, put on your thinking caps and come up with some questions to call in and ask him. I hope to blog about it within a day or so of the program's airing. It may take longer than usual; I might have to watch it more than once to catch everything in between my own cheers and heckles, let alone what the callers have to say.

No comments: