Friday, December 09, 2005

Friday White Out

It's a snow day!! When severe weather is forecast Mr. Jane and I will sit down and compare calendars. Whoever has the least "important" stuff gets tagged for "mom/dad" duty in case school is closed. I'm home today (whether I won or lost is a matter of opinion) with the kids, two newly spayed cats, a bunch of guppies and one crab (no, not me, a real one). The vet send home pain meds for the cats which may come in very handy later in the day.

We live on a hill and the afternoon agenda may include sledding (kids) and pulling sleds back up the hill (me). Baking will probably also show up on the to do list.

It looks like about 4 inches of snow on top of the cars, but it isn't snowing at the moment. Freezing rain was coming down earlier. It was definitely cold when I waited at the door for Mr. J to bring me the paper as he left to hike out to the train station. Always buy a house within walking distance of public transit, a grocery store and a laundramat, because you never know....

We havent' been plowed yet but the Inky delivery truck still made it through. Yippee!!

Expect more postings later as cabin fever starts to set in.

2 comments:

LVDem said...

We got about 10 inches in my neck of the woods in the Lehigh Valley. Enjoy the day with the kids.

AboveAvgJane said...

That's a whole lot of snow.