Thursday, September 14, 2006

Santorum Said What??!!!

Just watching a Women for Santorum meeting/rally on PCN. Christine Olson, of the PA Republican State Committee, was introducing Sen. Rick Santorum, who was speaking from Washington on the phone. She said she had known him since he was a brash young Congressman, then she added that he was good looking. Now, she said he was a brash older Senator. As he came on the phone she said "he's going to hit me for saying he's older." He said "I'll hit you for dropping the 'good looking'."

Ummm, I thought we had all decided that it was no longer amusing for male politicans to joke about hitting women.

Santorum went on the speak warmly of his women and his women supporters. I think it would have been better to word this as the association or organization of women who support him. His use of the personal possessive here just sounds wrong to me. There is no male candidate or elected official, regardless of how strongly I support him, that I would want to refer to me as one of his women or one of his women supporters.

I'm changing the channel now.

No comments: