Saturday, October 14, 2006

Patrick Murphy Delivers National Democratic Radio Address

Patrick Murphy, Democratic candidate for the 8th congressional district, delivered the National Democratic Radio Address today. You can listen here.

Reading over a transcript the campaign provided, I found the last few paragraphs to be very eloquent:

I have no illusions that the path ahead will be easy. Whether it is bringing our troops home from Iraq, ending nuclear proliferation, or restoring American prestige, there are no easy answers. But I fought for an America who never shies from the challenges it faces and always rises to meet even its greatest threats. We need leaders who understand that America faces real challenges in an ever more dangerous world.

In my time in the United States Army, I was taught that true leaders tackle the toughest challenges head on. And when I am elected to the United States Congress, I will continue to do the same. I'm Patrick Murphy and I'm running for Congress because I believe we need to change the direction of our country.

5 comments:

AboveAvgJane said...

Boo-ya, like most people in their forties I could stand to lose a few pounds. As for dating, Mr. J is an understanding guy but he might draw the line there. Even so, as you have so clearly demonstrated, for those who are single sometimes staying home with a good book is preferable to the options.

Gort said...

Jane, Don't feed the trolls. I just looked at his/her profile. What a jerk. Jane, You have some of the most thoughtful stuff on the web. boo-ya, you should get a life. We always welcome people who disagree and want to argue ideas/candidates but I have have no tolerence for people who just want to engage in name calling. Go back to grade school and learn some manners.

AboveAvgJane said...

Gort, thanks for the kind words. I'm a tough old broad and the trolls don't bother me. I do think it is interesting that those who want to put a woman down always go for appearance first. You seldom see that kind of comment directed at a man.

LVDem said...

wow Jane... looks like you touched a nerve of somebody. Keep it up! When the comfortable become uncomfortable, they lash out.

ACM said...

I don't know who wrote up the transcript, but surely Patrick wrote "illusions" and not "allusions"...?!