Wednesday, June 08, 2011

Kathryn Boockvar Wins Recount

Kathryn Boockvar is now officially the Democratic candidate for the Commonwealth Court. {For further information on Boockvar, read notes from her interview on PCN.) She sent out this statement, announcing the results of the primary election recount:

Dear Friends,

I know it's late afternoon, but I wanted to share this amazing news as quickly as I could.... today, the PA Department of State confirmed that I am indeed the Democratic nominee for Judge of the Pennsylvania Commonwealth Court!

To say I am proud and thankful is an immense understatement. I feel truly privileged to be able to have this opportunity, and I could not have done it without the help of all of you and so many others.

I must give thanks first and foremost to my husband Jordan and 12 year old daughter Colette, without whose flexibility, understanding, encouragement, excitement, and love, none of this would be possible.

Also to my mother Ginger, who gave and still gives me a love of language and quest for lifelong learning. To my father Bill, whom I miss every day, but who, with my mother, gave me the aspiration to shoot for the stars, and for justice, so long as you make sure to lay the groundwork and do the preparation to achieve those goals.

And to my parents-in-law, for all the extra time they are spending with their granddaughter, and to my brothers and cousins and so many other friends and family and colleagues, new and old, who have been above and beyond an incredible network of support.

And, finally, to my campaign staff, who worked incredibly hard to help me earn this victory. Thank you all.

Many people have asked if I am going to rest, but the answer is, primarily, no. This is too important. I'll be campaigning full throttle through the summer and into November, because as we've seen from the primary, every vote truly makes a difference.

I've already started laying the groundwork for victory in November, and am looking forward to continuing my travels across the Commonwealth to ensure that Pennsylvanians understand how the Commonwealth Court's decisions affect countless aspects of our daily lives - from our rights as workers to the safety of our drinking water to our voting rights.

There is much work to do, and I apologize in advance for all the support I will ask of you again in the coming 5 months! Together, we can win in November.

These words are insufficient, but thanks again. Onward to Victory!

No comments: