Monday, August 24, 2009

It's Like Living With Blinders On

Last Friday's storm knocked out our phone line, and therefore our DSL. So I've have very limited internet access, just what my Verizon LG phone will access, and it has a small screen. Verizon promises to have service restored by tomorrow. We shall see.

Good thing the state budget fiasco hasn't started cutting public libraries yet. I'm here with a uniformed EMT, a guy in his 30's, and a lady with white hair, all glued to public screens. If the library weren't here with internet service I'd be in real trouble. A few businesses in the area advertise wifi but most charge and the service isn't reliable -- I've tried a few times when out and about.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I use the internet at the public library a block from my apartment. It's a godsend. I see everyone from babies to seniors in the library.