Monday, November 12, 2007

Off Topic: Odd Literary (Sci Fi) Juxtaposition

A new movie, "The Martian Child," is out. I probably won't get a chance to see it for years, if then. If you do, tell me what you think of it. You might not know that it is based on a book. The author, the man who adopts the boy, is David Gerrold. When I saw that name on the cover in the bookstore I just stopped in my tracks. All you Star Trek fans out there recognize that name, right? It's the tribbles guy. He wrote the episode, "The Trouble with Tribbles," and then followed up with a book by the same name. I read that book years ago. So I bought The Martian Child. How could I not? You will get short blog posts tonight instead of anything longer, as I am skipping around, reading snippets of the book.

2 comments:

ACM said...

ok, it's official: you are geekier than I am! :))

AboveAvgJane said...

Hey! I won something!