Monday, September 16, 2013

The New News

As mentioned in other blog posts, I don't get control of the household television until 9 pm, and then I share it with Mr. J.  News tends to be a late night event for me.  Normally that means CNN because, hey, they're all news all the time.  The even ever excellent Anderson Cooper is a case in point.  But lately they've been doing more "programming."  That means talking head shows where the "experts" yell at and talk over each other.  It's not informative and it's not educational.  There are also hour long issue shows or documentaries, which can be educational and informative but not when they're replayed several nights in a row.

Now there's a new game in town.  If CNN is not providing news when I click on that channel I switch over to Al Jazeera America.  Granted it may not be the most balanced approach but it provides information, often from a different viewpoint.  It also has news on most of the time, and that's what I'm looking for.

No comments: