Tuesday, August 23, 2011

The Day The Earth Didn't Stand Still

"Michael Rennie was ill ...."

Whoops, sorry, wrong post.

This morning I was in South Jersey for a training session. Afterwards I went out to lunch with an old friend. So, there we were, around 2:00 p.m. sitting at an outdoor table at a Cherry Hill restaurant. I was enjoying the nice weather and the good company when things started to feel odd. At first I looked at the ground thinking there was something wrong with the concrete under my feet. No, that looked okay. Maybe I was having some sort of medical problem? Then I looked over at the cars in the parking lot. The cars were shimmying back and forth sideways, just bouncing a little like backup dancers.

I looked at my friend. We looked at the other diners. They looked at us. What is a blogger to do? I grabbed my phone, tapped into twitter and typed Earthquake!!!. And apparently that is what it was. Hopefully that was my first and only. There are certain things one wants to take for granted, such as solid ground that does not move around.

No comments: