Saturday, December 09, 2006

Pennsylvania Society Dinner on PCN

PA Society Dinner
Re-broadcast on PCN
12/08/06

I started watching when the rebroadcast came on at 10:00 p.m.

Passing notes:

Sen. Specter tripped slightly, or took a wrong step, when walking on the dias.

James Nevels stood out as being the only non-white person on the dias.

Judge Rendell wore a very zippy blouse but carried it off with dignity and style.

PA Society now has a website: www.pasociety.com

Gov. Rendell speaks, good news on PA’s economy. Asks for a moment of silence to honor Pennsylvanians serving their country.

There were two musical groups, the University of Pennsylvania Glee Club and a string trio called Time for Three (I think, this may be wrong).

It's 11:30 p.m., the awards are being given out, and I'm going to call it it a night. Every now and then the camera pans the audience. I don't recognize a single solitary soul.

The post-election drop in readership is appearing as expected but my old blogposts on the Pennsylvania Society are keeping me afloat. More than half of all the visitors directly to the blog today were looking for information the organization.

No comments: