Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Do We Like Them? Do We Really Like Them?

Matt Best, my blogger buddy across the aisle at Courage of Conviction, has posted an entry theorizing that for higher level offices we elect people we like as opposed to those whose policies we necessarily agree with. I'm not entirely sure about this. He has a comparative list of presidential candidates and asks readers to think about which one they would rather go out for a beer with or have over for dinner. Personally I would have always wanted to talk with the Democratic candidate rather than the Republican. Regardless of party they tend to be the wonkier of the group and I can talk "wonk" better than I can talk "social butterfly." Their humor would also be a better match for mine, but maybe taking that into account proves Matt's point. Interesting thought, though.

No comments: