Wednesday, August 23, 2006

April PA Senate Journals

I've been remiss in posting information on the PA Senate Journals. The April Journals are up. This year April was calm not cruel and there was very little debate. The 8th and 15th issues has some debate on cell phone tax and property tax. On the 25th Sen. Fumo again gives a long speech (pp.6-8) on the Iraq War, while memorializing two PA soldiers who have recently died in the war. Even though I share Sen. Fumo's sentiment I don't think he should inject his opinions into a public statement on someone's death, unless you have the express consent of that person's family. Just my views though. You can read for yourself here.

A quick note to any senators reading this -- make sure that if you take a temporary leave, your return is noted in the record. I've noticed one senator in particular who asks for a temporary leave and no mention is made of his/her return; same senator tends to not show up for other reasons, too. It just looks bad and I'm going to start keeping a careful record of leaves when the legislature returns in Sept. We can read the journals online now and take note of when you are and are not at work.

No comments: