Dueling press releases today from the campaigns of Doug Pike and Manan Trivedi, Democratic candidates for the now open 6th congressional district race.
Pike wins the numbers race. He brings in 8 Democratic elected or party officials:
From Berks County:
- State Representative and Judiciary Committee Chairman Thomas R. Caltigirone (D-127th)
From Chester County:
- State Committee Member Mary Ann Good
- Chester County Democratic Treasurer Kevin Fitzpatrick
- Phoenixville Councilman Michael Speck
- Phoenixville Councilman David Gill
From Montgomery County:
- 1st Vice-Chair, Montgomery County Democratic Committee & State Committee Member Joanne Olsyewski
- Co-Chair of the Democratic Committee of Lower Merion & Narberth Joe Foster
- Former Lower Merion Township Commissioner Felice Wiener
an a buffet of labor support:
Labor Endorsements, as of Sept 10:
- Operating Engineers Local 542
- Bricklayers Local 5
- James Weyrauch, President AFGE Local 644 and Vice President of the Pennsylvania AFL-CIO
Financial Supporters, as of Sept 10:
- International Brotherhood of Boilermakers
- International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers
- United Food & Commercial Workers
Trivedi wins the "in your FACE" award by picking up the endorsement of the 2008 candidate, Bob Roggio. From their press release:
“Through my conversations with Manan, I became fully aware that he understands this district, its needs, and how to get things done. He grew up in this district and has seen what our families have gone through,” said Roggio. “He has demonstrated to me by his hard work in becoming a physician and through his service in the Iraq War that the people of the 6th district will have a tireless champion. He has dealt with the biggest issues of our time and now we need him in Congress. That is exactly why I am endorsing Manan Trivedi today,” Roggio concluded.
The endorsement by Bob Roggio marks the first formal political support that Trivedi has received since the launch of his campaign just two days ago. Trivedi, who grew up in Berks County and has been a life-long Democrat, is seeking his party’s nomination in the May 18 primary.
“Receiving this endorsement at the start of our campaign means a great deal to me. Bob has built a stellar reputation for being committed to this community. Our campaign will benefit greatly from his wisdom, insight, and guidance,” said Trivedi. “As someone who understands what it is like to be on the frontlines, I am sure glad I have Bob Roggio to stand with me as we move forward.”
We await the next round of press releases.