Tuesday, May 17, 2005

voting rap

ACM, over at A Smoke Filled Room is a haikuist. I'm not quite that talented but I can sometimes come up with a street rhyme:


Gonna click my heels and shake my butt
Doing the "I just voted" strut
uh huh uh huh

Took the kids down to the polls
Future voters, on a roll
Uh huh uh huh

No purple thumb, but my heart sings
Gonna let those American freedoms ring
uh huh uh huh

At 7:20 a.m. I was the 6th voter at my precinct. Not exactly a big turnout. There were more people than that handing out literature at the door. The little Janes went with me and each pushed a button or two (with strict supervision, of course). The oldest little Jane was especially interested in the school board races; the youngest was also excited.

Don't let a kindergartener out do you!!!! VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE

No comments: