Monday, August 29, 2016

Shaughnessy Naughton Update

Shaughnessy Naughton, who was a primary candidate for the 8th congressional district, sent out an email announcing her new professional direction.  Here is part of her statement:

In the months since the primary, I’ve reflected on what we achieved together and the work that lies ahead.
I ran because I believed that we need new perspectives in Congress. As a scientist, entrepreneur, and business leader, I didn’t fit the template of a conventional politician. And public service, like business, wasn’t my first career choice.
But I saw a deficit of leadership that remains unfilled. For decades, Congress has shortchanged NIH funding, ignored climate change, and listened to special interests instead of scientists.
My mission to advocate for STEM priorities didn’t end in April. That’s why I’ve joined the board of 314 Action, a grassroots organization founded to empower the STEM community to affect public policy.

No comments: