Monday, February 07, 2011

PA Harry Potter

PoliticsPA ran a celebrity look alike contest not long ago, and you see "separated at birth" photo essays in other places from time to time. I'd like to add my contribution. This was originally compiled over a year ago to be used elsewhere but it didn't work out that way. So I'll run it here. However, after checking with my intellectual property advisors I'm just using links instead of the photos themselves, given that the blog is syndicated in a couple of places and I don't have rights to all of the photos. Apologies for all the back and forth-ing necessary to get the full flavor of it.

Please note that I'm going by physical appearance only and there is no intent to imply any resemblance of personality (even so I didn't look for doppelgangers for the serious villains), but my partisan views do become somewhat obvious. I made some changes to the list due to some election results, but left in a few people who are no longer in office (reddish hair is hard to find).

So now that all the legalese is covered, here are my impressions of which of our Pennsylvania politicians resemble the characters in the Harry Potter movies.

Harry Potter / State Rep. Josh Shapiro

Ginny Weasley / Leslie Richards (candidate for Montco Commissioner)

Ron Weasley / former congressman Patrick Murphy

Prof. McGonigall / Congresswoman Allyson Schwartz

Gilderoy Lockhart / State Rep Mark Cohen

Lucius Malfoy / State Sen. Dominic Pileggi

Madam Hooch / Abington Township Commissioner Lori Schrieber

No comments: