Wednesday, April 16, 2008

A Few Notes on Tonight's Debate

People who know far more about such things than I will be parsing the words of Sen. Clinton and Sen. Obama. So let me comment on some things they will not.

I have been watching the post-debate show on ABC Channel 6. All of the elected politicians interviewed or quoted have been male. The state's only female congressional representative, Rep. Allyson Schwartz, is a strong Clinton supporter. Maybe she was in DC working? I saw Mayor Michael Nutter of Philadelphia (Clinton), Gov. Ed Rendell (Clinton), Rep. Chaka Fattah (Obama), and Montgomery County Commissioner Joe Hoeffel (Clinton) interviewed. All male. Rep. Patrick Murphy (Obama) was quoted but not seen.

All of the political science professors I saw interviewed were male (and all white males at that). Terry Madonna was wearing a very spiffy tie.

There's five minutes left, maybe there will be a veritable parade of female elected officials or experts. Of course, I was distracted at times during the show so it is possible that I missed something. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

4 comments:

AboveAvgJane said...

I forgot Sen. Bob Casey (Obama).

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
AboveAvgJane said...

Two spammed comments were removed from this post. If you want to leave long meandering diatribes containing sentences like this:

Beneath that Darth-Vader-Mace-Windu-Jedi-Me ssiah Helmet Hairdo of Michelle Obama lurks a Wildabeast. If Michelle Obama new what her husband -- the Hope-A-Dope, Fonster Monster -- Barack Obama AKA Barack Hussein Obama did in Harlem, she would wash her wide-open, Hus-suey loving MUSILM mouth out, with twenty-four (24) mule-team double-cross X-boX-BorraX.

get your own blog but don't plaster them all over other people's blogs.

This was the last straw. I am now moderating comments.