Monday, June 19, 2006

Straw Poll Updates

Now that I've voted in these things I feel obligated to follow them. The DFA Grassroots All-Stars is in an Instant Run-Off. There are 5 candidates on the list, two are from PA: Patrick Murphy (PA-08) and Phil Avillo (PA-19).

The Forward Together PAC's MapChangers is in it's second round, choosing the top 10. Voting is divided into east and west. There are 4 choices from PA. However, they won't let you see the list again after you voted, at least until tomorrow when you can see the standings, so I'm going by memory. If this is wrong or incomplete I'll update tomorrow. You can choose between Patrick Murphy (PA-08), Lois Murphy (PA-06), Chris Carney (PA-10), and Phil Avillo (PA-19).

It's the first I've heard of Avillo (mea culpa!). The 19th congressional district consists of York, Adams, and parts of Cumberland counties. For those in the Philly area, those counties are just west of Lancaster County. (You've no idea how much Pennsylvania geography I'm learning writing this blog.)

You can vote for more than one candidate so I picked all the Pennsylvanians (you can rank them so pick your first choice carefully) and kind of let it go at that.

No comments: