Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Election Day Update #2

Mr. J went to vote at 7:45 and there was no line. A neighbor voted about 8:05 and was voter #68. Since I was #38 at 7:30, in the "before work" rush there is one voter every minute. (One machine for people in my voting district.)

When I was there only one or two poll workers were present. I know candidates consider them essential but it always seems like running a gauntlet. It was nice to get in and out without having hordes of people pushing paper at me.

2 comments:

Ron Michael Zettlemoyer said...

I voted around 6:30pm and was #638. I was surprised to find absolutely no one else in line; I was expecting to hit the after work voters.

AboveAvgJane said...

On my way home I drove past my polling site and didn't see any lines there either. Surprising. Maybe everyone went during the day?