Thursday, August 30, 2007

SEPTA Claus

This afternoon on my way home I stopped to buy next month's trail pass from SEPTA. The clerk was, as they tend to be, brisk, as there was a line. However, as she was sliding my pass through the window she also gave me a lanyard and pass carrier. "Compliments of SEPTA," she said. SEPTA has never given me anything other than good service before so it took me by surprise. I tested it out on the ride home. My one concern is that the lanyard hangs the pass longways but you insert the pass from the side. I worry about it falling out. But we'll see how it goes.

3 comments:

ACM said...

something like that is long overdue -- when you stick your pass in the ticket zone, you risk its being picked up by a passer-by (as I learned once the hard way), and yet it's a bit of a pain to wait around for the ticket guy to come by (and all he needs is a glance anyway), etc. I have an old conference ID badge holder that I use when heading out on the commuter lines or going to the airport...

Anonymous said...

Uh oh, wait until "rural" Pennsylvanians hear about that! They'll be up in arms. You know they subsidize all the rest of us evil urbanites. :)

AboveAvgJane said...

PD,

Sshhh! Maybe no one will notice!

ACM,

All to often I just stick mine in the window, underneath the rubber seal. Only forgot it once. We'll see how the lanyard thing works out.