Monday, March 13, 2006

Press Release Round-up

There are a number of interesting press releases on politicspa tonight.

Patrick Murphy has released a statement on Pres. Bush's Iraq policy. (His campaign website has more on this topic).

Robin Rosenthal, Democratic candidate for the 10th PA state senate district sent out a release on Women's History Month. In it I found this statement:

March 4th, 2006 was an exciting, humbling, and memorable day for me. I was endorsed by the Bucks County Democratic Party to be the State Senate Candidate for the 10th District. Subsequently, I learned that I am the only woman candidate challenger on the Democratic ballot for Senate in the State of Pennsylvania. I hold this as a proud and solemn responsibility.

Is that correct? Ladies, we need to get out and do our part more. This is just terrible.

[paragraph deleted -- the press release described, though amusing, was not genuine]

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

FYI, Jane.
Andy Warren, not content with having his subordinates slander murphy in blog commentary, has now recruited someone to challenge his signatures.

Doctor Rick said...

PA isn't known as being a state where women are prominent in politics. I agree, more would be good.

More Republican women, hopefully!