Sunday, December 18, 2011

Trivedi and Veterans

A note in the inbox from Dr. Manan Trivedi, candidate for the 6th congressional district:


If you have been paying attention to Pennsylvania's congressional redistricting debacle, then I feel as though I should offer an apology. Yes, I know I'm not a part of this dysfunctional government, but with Republicans ramming through their gerrymandered map without any public hearings, they’re turning Pennsylvania into an embarrassment—and for that I think we're all a little sorry. It's shameful, but I ask that you hold steady.
 

There is still good news these days. The Iraq War has officially ended and we have brave men and women in the armed forces returning home for the holidays to be with their families. Politicians in Washington and Harrisburg may act like spoiled children sometimes, but it is up to us to make sure our veterans never lose faith in why they serve. If you see somone in fatigues over the holidays, take a moment to thank them for their service, and let them know that we stand with them as a country.


This redistricting mess will never make me waiver in my commitment to the 6th district and I hope you will stand by me in staying just as strong to serve our community. If the politicians can’t do their jobs with fairness, then it's up to us.


Thanks for all you do every day to build a better Pennsylvania and a better nation.

Manan


Also remember that although our troops are coming home from Iraq, we still have folks in Afghanistan, Kuwait and any number of other places.  Keep sending those care packages, letters, etc.  

4 comments:

John White said...

Good to hear from Manan as he embarks on his politically suicidal quest to become a two-time loser. Last year, he lost both his home county and precinct in a landslide. If he's our party's nominee again, our chances are less than zero.

AboveAvgJane said...

And a happy holiday to you as well ...

John White said...

I'm just saying let's be careful who we pick. If you hire a guy to do electrical work and he burns your house down, you get what you deserve if you hire him again.

AboveAvgJane said...

You know, I can't help but notice that these comments appear to be posted from a house.gov ip address. Would you care to tell us whose office you work in?