from the inbox:
SEPTA has extra service ready for this weekend as the Phillies and Giants return to Citizens Bank Park to close out the National League Championship Series.
Sports Express trains will supplement regularly scheduled service on the Broad Street Line for Saturday’s Game 6, Sunday’s possible Game 7, and Saturday’s Flyers game. Trips will also be added on the Market-Frankford Line before Phillies games as needed. The Market-Frankford Line provides a free connection to the Broad Street Line at 15th Street/City Hall, as do trolley routes 10, 11, 13, 34 and 36. For Regional Rail riders, the subway is just a short walk from Market East or Suburban stations, and fans from South Jersey can connect with the Broad Street Line by taking the PATCO High Speedline to 12th/13 and Locust.
SEPTA and the Philadelphia Parking Authority are also partnering to offer a convenient and inexpensive park-and-ride option. For $5, fans can get a spot at Parking Authority lots at Love Park or 15th and Arch Streets by showing their ticket for that day’s game. Both locations offer easy access to the Broad Street Line, and to ensure fans can complete their trip on SEPTA, two-packs of tokens will be available for purchase at the lots. A two-pack of tokens is just $3.10. Here is SEPTA’s sports service plan for this weekend:
SATURDAY, OCT. 23:
• Phillies vs. Giants, NLCS Game 6, Citizens Bank Park, 3:57 p.m.: Seven Sports Express trains will supplement regularly scheduled Broad Street Line service. Sports Express trips will run approximately every 10 minutes starting at 1:55 p.m.
• Extra service will be added on the Market-Frankford Line as needed.
• Flyers vs. Maple Leaves, Wells Fargo Center, 7 p.m.: Extra service at 6:08 p.m.
SUNDAY, OCT. 24:
• Phillies vs. Giants, NLCS Game 7, 7:57 p.m., Citizens Bank Park: Eight Sports Express will be deployed, running approximately every 10 minutes starting at 5:48 p.m.
• Extra service will run on the Market-Frankford Line as needed.
• Trains will run on the Broad Street Line as late as necessary after the game to accommodate fans.
For full fare and schedule information, visit www.septa.org