Monday, October 25, 2010

College Republicans Phone Poll

The National College Republicans robo-called this evening. The call asked, given the direction of the country, who I would vote for in the 2012 presidential election. The options were: Mitt Romney, Mike Huckabee, Newt Gingrich, Sarah Palin, Barack Obama, other, or undecided. It was tempting to pick someone other than Obama just to see what happened but I went with Obama anyway. At that point the recording said if I didn't want to receive calls in the future to call a specific number -- it was a 10 digit number, rattled off quickly, so I doubt anyone actually writes it down and calls it.

Just as a personal note, I really hate questions about "the direction the country is going." Some polls just ask "what direction do you think the country is going?" What is that? Do they mean economically, socially, morally? Is it related to military actions, foreign affairs, education policy, what? Nothing is that easy or simple. I refuse to answer any question along those lines. When I ask, pollsters can never provide any clarification. It's just annoying.

No comments: