Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Voter Notes

In my precinct I was voter #3 at 7:05 this morning. Another precinct votes in the same building and had had 4. Unfortunately the tables, etc., had not been set up the night before and the building only opened at 6:45 so things were a little chaotic.

Last night I was out at one of the kids' activities, which is also a voting spot. People were setting up the tables, etc. there. Someone had also brought in campaign signs and the like.

This is out in the 'burbs. No idea what is happening in the city.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

From the city...

In my division turnout so far is about 10% of all registered voters although that includes several hundred inactive voters.

Knox seems to have a pretty good GOTV operation going up here in the Northeast, too.

Got to tell my rep, Sabatina, Jr, not to forget the message the voters sent last November. He smiled, shook his head and said he wasn't going to. :)

Gort said...

About 30% have turned out as of 3PM in my neck of the woods. For all the excuses I hear I still can't understand why more people don't vote.

Anonymous said...

At 4PM, CBS 3 reported turnout as "moderate" here in Philly.