Thursday, May 10, 2007

In Today's Mailbox: C. Darnell Jones for Supreme Court Judge

The postal fairy brought me more goodies today. One was a letter from Gov. Rendell asking me to vote for C. Darnell Jones for Pennsylvania Supreme Court Judge. To quote from Rendell's letter:


Darnell Jones was elected to the Philadelphia court of Common Please in 1987, and now serves as its President Judge. In his twenty years of service, Judge Jones has presided over more than a thousand cases, and was recently selected as one of America's top 500 judges. He is an Adjunct Professor of Law at the University of Pennsylvania Law School as well as senior faculty member of the National Judicial College where he teaches state trial judges and U.S. Military judges.

The Pennsylvania Bar Association, said President Judge C. Darnell Jones "enjoys the respect of his peers and an excellent reputation in the legal and social community. The Candidate is extremely hard working, intellectually curious and is a dedicated, dependable community servant...He is highly recommended for this position."


In coincidental timing a glossy full page ad from Judge Jones himself arrived. His list of credentials is indeed impressive.

Personal note: I heard Judge Jones speak at a candidates forum recently. He was very eloquent and, dare I say it, judicial. I left with a very high opinion of him.

1 comment:

TerryS said...

I also met Judge C. Darnell Jones at our local Demacratic meeting and he impressed me instantly. He made me excited about our future with someone like him serving on our Supreme Court.