Our friends at WalletHub have been sending me a lot of emails. I'll post a few sentences about each link.
In a study of African American political involvement by state, Pennsylvania ranked 21st overall, (
WalletHub reviewed presidential candidates' personal finances. Read the full report.
In a review of how dependent states are on the gun industry,here is how Pennsylvania ranked:
Pennsylvania’s Dependence on the Gun Industry (1=Most Dependent; 25=Avg.)
- 27th – Number of Firearms-Industry Jobs per Capita
- 18th – Average Wages & Benefits in the Firearms Industry
- 27th – Total Firearms Industry Output per Capita
- 41st – Total Taxes Paid by the Firearms Industry per Capita
- 35th – Gun Ownership
- 23rd – NICS Background Checks per Capita
- 18th – Gun-Control Contributions to Congressional Members per Capita
- 32nd – Gun-Rights Contributions to Congressional Members per Capita
In a study of the 2015uninsured rate, here is how Pennsylvania ranked (read the full report):
Health Insurance Coverage in Pennsylvania:
- Obamacare reduced the children’s uninsured rate by 0.46 percent between 2010 and 2014.
- Obamacare reduced the adult uninsured rate by 19.23 percent between 2010 and 2014.
- The uninsured rate for whites is 45.22 percent lower than that for blacks.
- The uninsured rate for whites is 64.84 percent lower than that for Hispanics.
- The uninsured rate for higher-income households is 71.26 percent lower than that for lower-income households.
- The rate of publicly insured is 30.98 percent.
- The rate of privately insured is 69.02 percent.
- The rate of employer-based health insurance coverage decreased by 0.09 percent between 2010 and 2014.
- The uninsured rate pre-Obamacare was 10.16 percent and has fallen to a current rate of 8.46 percent, with 206,603 persons gaining health insurance coverage.