There are a number of highly qualified women candidates running for office in Montgomery County. One is Jeanne Sorg, Democratic candidate for mayor of Ambler.
Among her accomplishments:
- currently a senior staffer for State Rep. Steve McCarter
- formerly Assistant Director of the Montgomery County Democratic Committee
- community volunteer in Ambler
Issues she has worked on are:
- storm water infrastructure
- violence prevention (including helping women escape domestic violence)
- environment (including flooding, community gardens, and Marcellus Shale jobs)
- helping low income students get school supplies
She describes herself this way:
Many folks still remember me as the mom who walked [daughter] Amelija to school with a toddler in a little red wagon as it clicked and clacked on the sidewalk. That’s how I got to know many of you in Ambler.