Thursday, May 02, 2013

An Open Note to CNN

Dear CNN,

Family circumstances leave my only television news viewing time to 9:00 p.m. and later.  My channel of choice is CNN.  For many years my favorite daily news program is AC 360.  I often watch Erin Burnett after that.  

Lately you have been mixing up the programming.  For a week or so there was a shoutfest on in the AC 360 time slot; the group sat around a table and yelled.  I had no idea who most of them were.

Now AC 360 is back but the format has changed.  There are people sitting around a table yelling at each other but I know who some of them are.  The same thing is happening on Erin Burnett.

There are many opportunities during my day to hear people talking over each other and bickering.  It is not my favorite thing.

I'd rather you didn't adopt the "circle of shouting 'experts,'" but if you are, get better behaved guests.

No comments: