Thursday, January 12, 2012

Kathryn Boockvar in 8th Congressional District

Kathryn Boockvar, candidate for Commonwealth Court last year, has announced that she will run for Congress in the 8th district (Bucks and part of Montgomery Counties).  She will face incumbent Republican Mike Fitzpatrick.  Here are two excerpts from her campaign announcement:


I am running for Congress with the same motivation as has always driven me: public service. I mean that literally-- serving the people.  I am running for Congress because so many people are having trouble supporting their families, covering their college tuition, and paying for their prescriptions, while our current Congress does nothing.  Even worse, Tea Party politicians are mired in hostility, focused only on party politics and obstruction, refusing to compromise for the good of the people.


later




As you know, I have spent my career working to help all Pennsylvanians protect their jobs, their Social Security, and their families.  I promise you-with your help, I will take these skills, and my background working to mediate differences, to move things forward in Washington.  It is time to roll up our sleeves and work together- across the aisle and in our neighborhoods- to produce solutions to help people get back on their feet, and the economy moving forward.






A previous blog post on Kathryn Boockvar:


No comments: