Friday, July 15, 2011

Shoutout to Eastern Mountain Sports

A big shoutout to Eastern Mountain Sports for two reasons:

1) Earlier this year I was setting up an outing for a kids organization. We wanted a general orientation to outdoor activities. Two stores turned me down but Eastern Mountain Sports said yes and the guy there gave a great introduction to the products they sell and the sort of things he used when camping, etc. It was a great presentation, the kids enjoyed it, and I really appreciated it.

2) A week or so ago I was trying to find a particular kind of product, without knowing what it might be called or how it might be packaged. I went to the Eastern Mountain Sports website and a chat box came up where a customer service rep asked if she could help me find something. I typed in a description of what I needed and after a minute or two she came back with something that would fit exactly. It was less expensive that I was expecting. I called around and found a store in the area that carried the item. It left me with a really positive feeling towards the company.

No comments: