from the inbox:
SEPTA is implementing service enhancements on several bus routes when summer schedules go into effect on Sunday, June 19, 2011.
One of the most significant changes will occur in the Manayunk and Roxborough areas on Routes 35 and 61. SEPTA is replacing older 30-foot buses that operate in this area with newer, more efficient 40-foot buses. The 40-foot buses cannot operate on some of the smaller streets in the area known as the Manayunk-Roxborough Loop. As a result, SEPTA is making some adjustments to the routes in these neighborhoods.
• Northbound service will be extended to the Ivy Ridge Shopping Center at Ridge Avenue and Domino Lane, along Umbria Street and Domino Lane.
• Southbound service will be extended to the Wissahickon Transportation Center via Main Street.
• Service along Cresson, Fountain and Silverwood Streets will be discontinued. Customers who utilized stops in these areas can board Route 35 buses at Leverington Avenue, Main Street and Ridge Avenue.
• Service on Umbria Street, Domino Lane, and Ridge Avenue to Ridge and Summit Avenues will be discontinued.
• Service between Domino Lane and Summit Loop will now be served by Routes 9 and 62.
• Service along Umbria Street and Domino Lane will be provided by Route 35.
Service will also be enhanced on several routes with the start of the summer schedules. For example, there will be adjustments on the Route 52 in Parkside to provide customers better access to the Park West Town Center Shopping Plaza.
For more schedule information, visit SEPTA’s Website, www.septa.org