Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Election Notes

Internet connectivity issues kept me from posting last night. When I could get intermittent access to the web Philly.com provided excellent and frequent updates to city election results. State-wide results weren't so easy to find. The state's website didn't seem to have an election results link on the main page. I had to go in via the PA Dept of State to find electionresults.state.pa.us and fairly often when I tried to check it the page wasn't available. This was especially frustrating, trying to figure out if the problem was with my connection or the state. Sometimes it was one sometimes it was the other. Some county results slow to come in.

I was voter #18 at 8:30 in the morning. Voter turnout overall was low, as is usual with off year primaries. It is always disheartening to realize how few people come out to vote.

Some of the races I had been watching are too close to call and will have to wait for absentee ballots to be counted. Among these are the GOP mayoral primary in Philadelphia, and the Democratic primary for Commonwealth Court. It will be interesting to see how these races go.

Now, on to the next ...

No comments: