from the inbox:
SEPTA is in postseason mode, with extra service ready for fans heading to Lincoln Financial Field Sunday for the Eagles-Packers playoff game.
Kickoff for this NFC Divisional Round contest is scheduled for 4:30 p.m., and SEPTA’s gameday service begins hours earlier with Sports Express trips on the Broad Street Line. The Broad Street Line provides service to the Linc and other venues at the Sports Complex in South Philadelphia via AT&T Station. Fans can connect to the subway from a variety of other transit modes. SEPTA and the Philadelphia Parking Authority have also partnered to offer an inexpensive and convenient park-and-ride option.
EXTRA GAME-DAY SERVICE
• Sports Express trips begin supplementing regularly scheduled service on the Broad Street Line at 1:10 p.m. Service continues every 10 minutes thereafter until game-time.
• Starting at 2 p.m., service on the Market-Frankford Line will be supplemented with six additional trains – three each from 69th Street and Frankford Transportation Center.
• Express and Local Broad Street Line trains will be waiting at AT&T Station after the game to get fans home.
• The Market-Frankford Line provides a free and convenient connection to the Broad Street Line at City Hall/15th Street. This free interchange is also available for riders on Trolley Routes 10, 11, 13, 34 and 36.
• Regional Rail: The Broad Street Line is just a short walk from Market East and Suburban stations. Weekend parking at Regional Rail stations is free (where parking is available).
• A number of SEPTA bus routes provide Broad Street Line connections. For details on routes and schedules, visit www.septa.org.
• Fans from South Jersey can catch the subway by taking the PATCO High Speedline to 12th/13th and Locust. Follow the signs in the concourse to the Broad Street Line.
• Park-And-Ride: The Philadelphia Parking Authority is offering $5 parking at its underground garage at 15th & JFK (fans must show a ticket to Sunday’s Eagles-Packers game to get the discounted rate). The Broad Street Line is just a short walk from the garage. To make sure fans get to-and-from the game, two-packs of SEPTA tokens ($3.10)
can be purchased at the garage.
• Fans making multiple trips on different SEPTA modes of travel can save on game-day travel by purchasing an Independence Pass. An Individual Pass is just $11.00, and allows one person unlimited trips for the day. A Family Independence Pass, which is just $28.00, provides unlimited trips for up to five people traveling together (the group must consist of one, but not more than two, people ages 18 or older).
• Customers with weekly and monthly TransPasses and TrailPasses can use their passes for game-day travel at no additional charge.
• Fans taking the Broad Street Line can get to-and-from the game for just $3.10 with the purchase of a two-pack of tokens. Regular cash fare is $2.
For more information, including full SEPTA schedules, fares and trip planning tools, visit www.septa.org.