SEPTA employees donated enough toys, roughly 4,000 of them, to fill two buses. Wednesday at 9:15 those toys will be distributed to the following organizations:
• Child Abuse Prevention Effort (CARE), Philadelphia
• Community Action Agency of Delaware County, Chester, Pa.
• Community Associates of Strawberry Mansion, Inc., Philadelphia
• Greater Philadelphia Health Action, Inc., Philadelphia
• John F. Kennedy Community Mental Health/Mental Retardation Center,
• Mercy Neighborhood Ministries of Philadelphia
• Neighbor to Neighbor, Sharon Hill, Pa.
• New Beginnings C.C., Bristol, Pa.
• People’s Emergency Center, Philadelphia
• Councilwoman Jannie Blackwell’s Annual Holiday Party for the
This is the 30th year that SEPTA employees have been donating toys to charitable groups.
Kudos to our transit employees for giving needy children in the area a happier holiday.