Saturday, November 27, 2010

Small Business Saturday: Dee's Pretzels

Today has been designated "Small Business Saturday." When writing about event posts, where I'm out and about, I try to mention businesses, particularly small businesses, in the area. In honor of SBS allow me to write up a couple of posts on small local firms I've run across outside of the political arena.

Dee's Gourmet Pretzels (www.deespretzels.com/) makes great chocolate covered pretzels, graham crackers, marshmallows, and assorted other food items. I can vouch for the first three as I won a gift box of Dee's at a charity event. (The person who donated it paid for it -- don't hit up small businesses for freebies unless you actually buy there, too.) The family loved them (what was left of the box when I got home, anyway). The next time I was asked to donate an item for a charity fundraiser I bought a box from Dee's and it also was a big hit.

A bag of Christmas mini pretzels ($10) or Christmas grahams ($6) would make a wonderful stocking stuffer or gift for a friend or neighbor. For larger budgets there is a pretzel of the month club ($150). For special occasions there are items such as baby or wedding shower favors, and small and large gift boxes. For the health conscious there are sugar free items.

Dee's Pretzels is located in Montgomery County but is primarily a mail order business and does ship throughout the region (and beyond). I can heartily and from personal experience recommend Dee's products. They are great to buy for yourself, as gifts, or as something to donate. Dee's offers 30 flavors; there is surely something for everyone.

No comments: