Thursday, November 04, 2010

Other Post-Election Thoughts

Running for office is hard work and in a contested election, and voters should always have a choice, only one candidate gets the prize. I would like to express my gratitude to all who participated in the process. We are the better for your sacrifices, and for those of your family.

On a personal level I am sorry to see some of the people I have covered leaving public office, at least for a time. My thanks to Patrick Murphy, Bryan Lentz, and Rick Taylor and their campaigns for being hospitable and letting me tag along for the ride (at least via email) over the past four or five years. I will miss the beef and beers at the Ancient Order of the Hibernians, and similar events at similar venues -- the people who attended those are wonderful. Crashing the Young Professionals events was also fun, though usually being the oldest person in the room was not.

Thanks again to all those who took part, as candidates, staff, volunteers, and voters.

No comments: