Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Two More Corbett Notes

A few more news items on Tom Corbett, Republican candidate for governor

1) His recent comments on the unemployed are not his first on the subject. As Capitol Ideas notes:

Speaking to reporters after a primary season visit to a Lancaster County unemployment office in March, Corbett said he’d seen people during who were looking for work, but those comprised only a small percentage.

“I think, what I heard was that’s only 10 percent of the people that are on unemployment in this county,” Corbett said in response to a question from an Associated Press reporter. “The other 80, 90 percent, where are they? Are they looking for a job? And I think that’s a problem.”

2) As state Attorney General Corbett has already joined a lawsuit pertaining to the federal health care legislation. Now he has joined another group of Attorneys General in a legal brief on the Arizona immigration law:
The Republican gubernatorial candidate said Wednesday that Michigan is the lead state backing Arizona in federal court. Michigan is joined by Alabama, Florida, Nebraska, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, South Dakota, Texas and Virginia, as well as the Northern Mariana Islands.

What will be next?

No comments: