Saturday, September 19, 2009

Holiday Note from Anne Lazarus

From the inbox:

Tonight, at sundown, followers of the Jewish faith will celebrate Rosh Hashanah, the first day of the New Year. With each year comes a new beginning and the opportunity to turn the page.

As we begin this new year, Pennsylvania has the opportunity to move on from the past and look forward to a promising future in our judicial system. To that end, I am asking for your continued support as a judge that stands for ethics, integrity, and equal access to justice.

In recent history, Pennsylvanians have endured lapses of judicial ethics and abuses of power from our judiciary. Too many have lost faith in our judicial system, and nothing is more important to me than restoring that faith.

For four years, I have served as the Chair of the State Conference of Trial Judges’ Ethics Committee. I have always been a voice that speaks for the rights of all Pennsylvanians, and I have held firm in my belief that it is absolutely critical for our judicial system to act in the best interests of their clients, the law and our society.

To all of my friends who are celebrating Rosh Hashanah, L’Shana Tova. I wish you a sweet, healthy, and good year.

Anne Lazarus


Lazarus is a candidate for Pennsylvania Superior Court

No comments: