Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Rendell to Edit Magazine Issue

In a blogger version of the Circle of Life, this afternoon I wrote a note on twitter rephrasing a tweet I had read, which was picked up by Capital Ideas, and now I am posting a full blog entry on it. Everyone feel free to hum the song from "Lion King."

The note that started it all, from FishbowlDC, states that Gov. Mike Huckabee and Gov. Ed Rendell have agreed to guest edit issues of Politics Magazine. Huckabee is slated to be Mr. October; Rendell some time after that.

Capital Ideas picks up on the irony of Rendell sitting behind the editor's desk instead of yelling at the editor:

He's never been shy about picking up the phone to scream about what he believes to be an unfair story or dressing down a reporter at a news conference. In fact, he once asked a reporter at This Very Newspaper whether it was "edited by penguins." The answer was, of course, "No," because awkward, flightless waterfowl are more often found in state government.


When I saw the penguins comment my first thought was that the governor though the paper was edited by nuns.

In any event, I look forward to the issue. In the past few months the magazine has had articles on dumpster diving (actually it was on opposition research) and how to effectively work a July 4th parade (they did not have my twitter note that female candidates should not wear tank tops if they can't keep track of their straps). It will be interesting to see what Rendell can solicit from his large circle of friends in the political industry.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I still say female candidates get extra points for working a July 4th parade in heels.

AboveAvgJane said...

I dunno, Letitia, if they can't figure out a way to walk in the parade in flats maybe they need a better strategist. The ones I saw were either in cars or in comfy looking shoes.