Sunday, May 11, 2008

Mom Makes the Grade

The family had a Mother's Day ceremony for me this morning -- cards, gifts, and so on. One of the kids also gave me a report card, so I'd know how I was doing. It's an interesting idea, but it probably won't catch on. It is with great pleasure that I report getting A's in cooking (the oldest kid piped in that it should be an A+!), caring, style, niceness and cleaning (We almost had to give Mr. J the Heimlich maneuver when he saw that -- tidiness is not my strength). The only area that didn't get an A was attendance. At first I had an extreme pang of blogger guilt -- maybe it was my absence from home to attend political events, but no, the less than perfect grade reflected the occasional illness. Whew!!!! As soon as adolescence hits my grades will probably drop dramatically but for now I'm very pleased with my GPA.

No comments: