Thursday, April 24, 2008

The Sound of Silence

One of the things I learned early on as a political blogger is that just after an election there is a "thud." That's the sound of a large number of people dropping my email address out of their address book or off of their distribution lists. If I've gotten attached to people as individuals it stings a little but, by and large, it is just the way of things. Campaigns end; people move on or just need a break. There's nothing personal about it. But, wow!, after Monday night there was a seriously loud THUD! For a few weeks before the primary my inbox was overflowing with invitations to presidential campaign conference calls, press release after press release, notes on upcoming events, tons of stuff. In the past 2 days I think I've received a total of 7 messages. Time to switch gears to a slower pace. Maybe I can finish some of those longer posts I've been working on.

No comments: