Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Tivo Alert

A few items for your viewing pleasure.

Dwight Evans is having his last pre-primary webchat tomorrow at 7 p.m. Simply go to www.evansformayor.com and join in.

Also, on PCN this week, 30 minute interviews with supreme and superior court judge candidates. I really hope these are replayed again before the election. I initially tried to take notes but the interviews were more conversational and it was too difficult to capture nuance and the intricate stories told. Last night I watched the interviews with Judge Anne Lazarus and Judge James Deleon. Lazarus was, as I would have expected, very knowledgeable and personable.

Judge James Deleon was a pleasant surprise. When I heard him speak at a recent judicial forum he spoke a little about his background but each candidate had very little time. Listening to him talk and answer questions at length for half an hour was a real education. His family background is a great story. I cannot do it justice but, trust me, you want to hear it if you can. Deleon himself is clearly dedicated to community service. The list of organizations and groups he works with is impressive, yet not so lengthy as to be unbelievable.

If you have a chance to watch these interviews please do so.

No comments: