Sunday, March 19, 2006

Shout Out for a Square Peg

The blogger at Forever a Square Peg remembered me writing about donating my hair to Locks of Love and has done the same thing herself. If you have long hair (they want at least 10") and are ready to get a cut, look at the Locks web site or call around to salons. Particpating businesses will cut your hair for free and take care of mailing it to Locks. The hair is made into wigs for children who cannot grow hair or have lost it for medical reasons. A worthwhile cause and, hey, a free haircut is a free haircut. My thanks to Sqaure Peg for remembering and taking the time to get the cut and to write about it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I did that. ask my friends from freshman year.

it's a good cause, my friend grows his long regularly just to donate it.

AboveAvgJane said...

Colin,

You're the third person who got in touch to say they or someone they know donated hair. I wonder how many wigs have been contributed by the liberal netroots. Just part of our full service, I guess!