Monday, February 13, 2006

Another Phone Survey

Tonight I got another of those survey phone calls. This one dealt with education. The questions covered how I viewed education in the state and in my local area. Also a lot of questions on No Child Left Behind, Act 72, and what I thought should be educational priorities (athletics, performing arts, academics, etc.) Most questions had a 1-5 scale, some had A-F grades (for the schools -- how clever). They also asked was radio, tv, and newspaper media I listened to, watched or read, as well as whether or not I was involved in the pta/pto for my kids' school and if I voted in the last municipal and school board elections (yessiree Bob to both).

The man asking the questions was a velvet-voiced smoothie so he was able to weasle a little more personal info out of me than I usually give. However, when I turned the tables and asked who the survey was for he said they weren't given that information. The firm was ICT, American Market Research Corp. It will be interesting to see where this data ends up.

2 comments:

ACM said...

man, the only surveys I ever get are for radio listening, and i'm so unhelpful there (listening to a lot of NPR and such), that I suspect they'll soon drop me too...

:(

AboveAvgJane said...

I love the ones where they ask my age range then say they don't want to talk to me (no old broads, please!). Nothing like being rejected by a telemarketer or survey person.